Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lenten Journey

Just a short list of observations:

1. More easily brought to tears (in reading or watching or talking ... i was having trouble not crying when watching Nemo with my kids, and I have seen it a few times).

2. More drawn to silence and more aware when I talk too much.

3. More aware, in general, of myself as a person in relationship to other people and to God. More aware of anger and frustration and more quick to ask God for help and forgiveness.

I definitely feel it. I am glad I am participating in Lent and that the church has something like this.

I am also, looking at the long road (Lent is almost 6 weeks!!) and thinking it is a long road. But I do feel like it will end in something glorious and this is the only road to that for me. I must go this road so that I may enter into a renewed life with God and with others, as a pastor, as a worshipper, as a husband and a father.

1 comment:

Kris McDaniel said...

True. Lent is quite the season... extended, intentional suffering. Even in small ways - we get to suffer. God loves us. HE suffered and when we suffer for/with Him - it does make us more sensitive. I have been on the edge of tears a bit more this Lenten season, too. Thanks for sharing. You're a good friend.