Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jazz music (and art in general)

"Jazz music is like real poor people in the country on Sunday. People get dressed up and they don't have any money, but just that little hat with a flower on it. Just what that flower represents. Just a little something to make you special and make you sweet. That's jazz music." ... Wynton Marsilis

I just wish you could hear him say it.

Thank you all for helping me find good love songs! I am very slow in the creative department (probably finding the time once a month and usually then, I don't think to go back and work on something old) ... but I do have a vacation coming up pretty soon, so who knows? If something happens with my essay, I will share it with you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jazz music, to me, seems to be one of the purest forms of music that I enjoy heartily. To some people, it may seem like a disarray of noise. Personally, I find it to be sweet music to my ears.

Blessings,
Chris

Meghan said...

I am looking forward to your next post.

I've always been a fan of your writing.