Thursday, May 17, 2007

My list

To inspire more input ... who doesn't like reading these lists ... I thought I would put what I had going into all this. (PS I talked with someone the other day who said he likes heartbreak songs ... that totally counts as a love song! Those are some of the best love songs).

Van Morrison - Old Old Woodstock (the whole family makes it into this one) & Tupelo Honey
Leftover Salmon - Lovin in My Baby's Eyes (this is the only song I know by them)
Nathan Mayberry - Nine Pound Hammer
Old 97s - Valentine
Nick Cave - Are you the one I have been waiting for? & Into My Arms
Bob Dylan - Visions of Johanna
16 Horsepower - Coal Black Horses ("just as sure as that dogs gonna whine, in my heart no longer will I pine, just as sure as by evil you are torn, the sky will open up and an angel blow his horn and down comes Jesus, lookin so fine, just as sure as that gal she is mine)
Innocence Mission - Going Away


There may be more ... but that is all I have for now ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Room Games and Diamond Rain” by Silver Jews (Bright Flight)

“Slow Show” by The National (Boxer)

“Lay and Love” by Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy (The Letting Go)

“Type Slowly” by Pavement (Brighten the Corners)

“Cotton Crown” by Sonic Youth (Sister)

“Part One (Savannah)” by Band of Horses (Everything All the Time)

“Sea of Love” by Tom Waits/John Baptiste (Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards)

“Where Is My Love?” by Cat Power (The Greatest)

“Do You Realize?” by the Flaming Lips (Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots)

“Our Way to Fall” by Yo La Tengo (And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out)

“Postcards from Italy” by Beirut (Gulag Orkestar)

“I’ll Be On the Water” by Akron/Family (S/T)

“Love and Some Verses” by Iron & Wine (Our Endless Numbered Days)

“In the Aeroplane Over the Sea” by Neutral Milk Hotel (In the Aeroplane Over the Sea)

Those are some of my favorites right now.
Mark

Rebecca said...

"Everlong" by Foo Fighters. That's my number one.